Doctors for Nepal is committed to protecting your personal information. We provide this privacy notice to help you understand how we collect and handle your personal data. Doctors for Nepal promises to respect any personal data you share with us and to keep it safe, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Cesca Eaton at email@example.com or write to: Cesca Eaton, UK Operations Manager, Doctors for Nepal, Flat 1, 87 Enys Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex BN21 2DX
Doctors for Nepal Privacy Notice
About Doctors for NepalDoctors for Nepal is a Sussex-based charity that improves healthcare in rural Nepal by empowering impoverished students to serve as doctors and nurses in their isolated rural communities. Doctors for Nepal is a registered UK charity (no: 1133441).
What information we collect and whyThe personal information we collect, and how we use it, will depend on your engagement with us but may include your name and contact details (e.g. telephone number, email and postal addresses). If you are making a donation or signing up to be a regular donor, we may also require your bank/credit/debit card details. We require your personal information in the following circumstances:
- if we are providing you with a service or information;
- if we are contacting you about our fundraising activities, campaigns or appeals;
- if we are sending you our newsletter or event notifications;
- in the context of offering employment or volunteering opportunities; or
- if we are entering into a contract with you.
How we collect the informationWe collect information from you when you:
- Enquire about our activities
- Register to attend a Doctors for Nepal event
- Register with us or subscribe to our newsletter and event notifications
- Donate to, or fundraise for, Doctors for Nepal
- Receive a service from Doctors for Nepal
- Engage with us via social media
- Submit an application for a job or volunteering opportunity
How we use the informationWe may use your information to:
- Provide you with the service, advice or information you have asked for
- Keep a record of your relationship with us; keep your information up-to-date and accurate and to ensure we comply with your communication preferences (in accordance with fundraising regulations and GDPR 2018)
- Administer your donation, support your fundraising, process Gift Aid
- Doctors for Nepal may be required to share information in specific cases where we are providing a direct service/contract; or where we are required by law or regulations. In such cases personal information would be passed on in accordance with the data protection legislation
- Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf, only required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation
- Where you have given your explicit consent for the use of your personal data to help further our campaigning or fundraising work or in specific documents. Where we undertake this activity the data is anonymised unless and except where we have advised and confirmed this with you in advance
Your rightsYou have a right to:
- Request to see the personal information we hold about you, as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we obtained the information from. In such cases we may require proof of identity before we provide you with this information
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected
- Change your ‘opt-in’/communication preferences, and unsubscribe from email communications.
- Withdraw consent and request that your details be removed from our database, or otherwise erased or destroyed.