- This event has passed.
JustWalk for Doctors for Nepal – 12th May 2018
12th May 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
SATURDAY 12th MAY 2018, JustWalk 2018 sponsored charity event.
Last May, TEAM DFN hiked across the beautiful South Downs National Park in West Sussex, and managed to raise over £4,000 in donations to provide scholarships to under-privileged medical and nursing students to train to become doctors and nurses. Beginning and ending at the Goodwood Racecourse in Chichester, we walked the 20k route. On 12th May 2018 we will be doing it all over again, but this time we are upping our game and looking to enter people in the following distances: 10km, 25km, 35km, 45km and even 60km!
Please do consider donating here:
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN TEAM DFN 2018 AND WALK FOR NEPAL please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you all the information you need to join in the fun and to raise funds for DFN.
Entry fees as follows:
60km (over 16 only) £80
45km (over 16 only) £65
35km (over 16 only) £50
25km (over 14) £30
25km (under 14) £15
10km (over 14) £15
10km (under 14) £7.50
Family ticket 10km – 2 over 14s and 2 under 14s £39.99
Family ticket 25km – 2 over 14s and 2 under 14s £79.99
We are looking to have a team of around 20 walkers again this year, all wearing DFN t-shirts and fundraising for DFN. Below are details on how it all works:
- SIGN UP to join DFN team to walk for Doctors for Nepal
- Pay the entry fee for your distance and get a DFN t-shirt (must be worn on the day)
- Get your friends and family to sign up too!
- Get your friends and family to sponsor you via our DFN dedicated JustGiving JustWalk page: https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/doctorsfornepal/justwalk
- Spread the word via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc
- Enjoy the beautiful South Downs Way on a circular 20k route from Goodwood racecourse, near Chichester, West Sussex
- Full event pack once DFN has registered the team
- Full event plans throughout the build up to the event
- Newsletters with all the latest event information and reminders
- Training and fundraising advice
- JUST WALK advice and info on the website and at the end of the phone
- Medical support team and lots of TLC from Just Walk staff
- Complete safety back up
- Checkpoints along the route with drinks, some snacks, logistical and medical support, big smiles and encouragement
- Hot drinks at the start and finish
- Packed lunch on route
- JUST WALK medal given out when you finish